Friday, December 17, 2010

Oregon Dairy Pumpkin Patch

Xia here. After we left the library grand opening on Saturday 10/16/10, we headed over to the Oregon Dairy Pumpkin Patch to get some pumpkins for carving. We took a hayride out to the field to choose our pumpkins.

Mommy and Isa looked for some pumpkins:

101610OregonDairyPumpkinPatch02

No Isa, not an old ear of corn, we want you to pick a pumpkin!



Here, this is a nice one:

101610OregonDairyPumpkinPatch05

We're getting there...

101610OregonDairyPumpkinPatch04

Whew! I gotta sit down; that was a lot of work. Finally, 4 pumpkins chosen; one for each of us:

101610OregonDairyPumpkinPatch01

Then I had some fun riding a barrel ride through the fields. Isa was happy that I chose the barrel with HER initial on it. Just couldn't find an X...

101610OregonDairyPumpkinPatch06



We went into the barn next to paint our pumpkins. Of course, we had to play in the corn bins! True Lancaster style:

101610OregonDairyPumpkinPatch07

101610OregonDairyPumpkinPatch08

Then I gave Mommy a heart attack as I jumped off of hay bails. This was my second jump where Mommy insisted I NOT jump from the top again! (That's what i did the first time he he):



Stay tuned to see the pumpkin carving...

No comments:

Post a Comment