Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day 2008

What a wonderful Christmas Day we had. The day began with the traditional picture of me coming down the stairs (this tradition was started by Grandma when she used to take a yearly picture of my Mommy and Aunt Paula coming down the stairs when they were kids). I was still waking up as you can see:

First I opened a present from my God Family, a wonderful Seed Bible Stories book and a Dora Christmas book with flaps to discover hidden stuff (I love those kind of books):



Then I opened a little truck from Santa:

And a big Splish Splash Bath set of toys from Mommy and Daddy:

Here's a video where I thank Grandma for sending me such a nice gift:



Here I am with my ever-present Baby Doll (I think she needs a name...):


Then we all had some waffles for breakfast and got dressed for church. It was a wonderful service that began with Father Leo processing during the opening hymn with the Baby Jesus held high above his head. What a moving celebration of what this is all about, God coming down to earth in a baby to save us from ourselves!

After mass, we took some pictures of the beautifully decorated church. Here is the Advent Wreath all decked out with White Candles for Christmas Day and Baby Jesus in the center:

Next the Tabernacle:

Then the beautiful manger:

Mommy and I by the manger:

Daddy and I by the manger:

Me in my Christmas dress in front of the altar:

A shot of our lovely friends, the Quigleys. They had 9 if their 10 children with them that day. Their youngest, Maria, was born 1 month before me:

All set to go after mass:

Hey, it was a sunny Christmas day so I HAD to wear my shades:

We stopped at my God Family's house on the way home. Here I am with my God Father, Phil, Daddy, God Sister, Alison and Ellie the bunny:

All in all a most blessed and wonderful Christmas day. Hope yours was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment