Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Saturday before Christmas

Our Saturday was really packed on 12/20/08. I began the morning with a hearty breakfast and decided to create a train out of my clementines. Quite inventive don't you think?

Mommy makes another attempt to get a good recording of me singing during my morning diaper change/clean up - how nice of you Mommy (I usually do a lot of singing during this time, but really, how about some privacy!):



We did some grocery shopping and then home for lunch. We had just enough time before my nap to head out and see a real live reindeer, Santa and Mrs. Claus at a local store. I really enjoyed petting the nice reindeer. His fur was very soft...

I've decided that just staring at Santa is enough this year and have no desire to sit on his lap:

Mrs. Claus did her best trying to get me to sit on that big red knee, but I just continued to stare...

We came home and I took a nice nap. When I got up, Mommy and I made some Christmas cookies! She stirred up the Chocolate Chip batch while I worked on the Peanut Blossoms (those peanut butter cookies with Hershey Kisses in them):

I'm working hard and having a lot of fun:

Mommy loves to introduce me to new foods using all my senses, especially smell. I love smelling all the spices she uses when she cooks. Today we're sniffing Peter Pan Peanut Butter. I usually eat the natural stuff, but when it comes to cookies, why skimp on the sugar?



The cookies turned out really great. Here I am after dinner enjoying a chocolate chip one for desert:

To work off my sugar high, I played heartily with my silky pink blanket as the evening drew to a close. Here I am using it as a veil (hasn't every little girl done this!):

Then playing peek-a-boo with Daddy. Now you see me:

Now you don't:

And lastly, Daddy now tries again to get a good recording of my songs, but I prefer to just sing under the blanket:



Or with my back to him:



After I tired myself out, it was off to bed. What a fun Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment