Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Power of Prayer!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for all of us. We went to a lactation consultant yesterday and found out I have gained at least 4 oz. Yeah! So I'm about 6lbs 13oz now (give or take as it's a different scale than the one I'm weighed on at my doctor's). So supplementing with formula is really working. We figured out that Mommy is only producing about 1/2 of the milk I need. They set her up with a Supplemental Nursing System (SNS) which allows me to receive the supplemental formula and Mommy's pumped breast milk at the breast through a small tube. It's quite a contraption. We're hoping this will stimulate more milk production and that I'll help out too as I get bigger. But, whatever happens, formula or breast milk or a combination, I'm going to be just fine :-) Thank God for modern medicine, otherwise, Mommy would be looking for a wet nurse LOL.

So here's a shot of one of my cute little smiles from last Thursday, I was 6lbs 11 oz that day, so getting kind of tiny:



Annie has adjusted very well to my presence as you can see in this content photo of her:


But poor Herbie is not doing so well. In fact, Mommy and Daddy are starting to look for a nice home for him. He'd be great for a family with no other pets that enjoys playing with a lovable cat. He's really awesome, but he keeps trying to play with my feet and hands, and this just won't work. Let Mommy and Daddy know if you're looking for a great cat. I think this photo says it all, Herbie just can't take the lack of attention any more!

Well, keep up the prayers. My next appointment is Friday; hoping I keep gaining weight. Gee, I bet you all wish you could say that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment