Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My Journey Home

I wanted to flash back to Sunday 1/7/07, the day I left the hospital and came home. Thus far, it was my most traumatic experience. See there are these things called clothes (barbaric things) that I was introduced to after really just having to put up with those confining things called diapers in the hospital. Then, just when I thought I would never survive all the clothes, I learn there are torture chambers called CAR SEATS that they won't let you leave the hospital without! I mean really! This picture relays to all of you what I think of these things...

Luckily, Mommy and Daddy calmed me down nicely once we came home. I really like this home place, a lot more comfortable than the hospital. We all got pretty relaxed quickly:


Today, which is day 3 at home, I've really just slept most of it away. I think all the excitement of being born is really hitting me today. I slept on Mommy on the couch for like 2 hours (she needed the nap too). Then Daddy held me as I slept in the evening. And both my Grammy and Grandma. Ahhh, life is good and relaxing.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Xia is just beautiful. You can tell this little one has personality--waiting until the last minute to be born. What a great story. We can't wait to meet her in person, but we also completely understand how crazy and sleepless things can be for the first few weeks. Feel free to call us if you need anything!
    Love,
    Lynn, George, Mark and Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest congratulations. Welcome to this world Xia. What a beautiful blogg to follow.
    Bitten in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I can't wait to meet you too and we have you on the list of people to get in touch with as we go along. Life is good.
    Love,
    Xia and family

    ReplyDelete