Sunday, January 7, 2007

Oh my goodness - HERE I AM!




I just got home from the hospital with Mommy and Daddy. NO INDUCTION was necessary. I must be quick cause I'm hungry and since I use Mommy's hands to type, she's my food supply, and I need her :-)

We went for a checkup with the midwife Thursday at 4pm and found out Mommy was 2cm dilated! So Cheri, the midwife, did something called a membrane sweep (not real pleasant for Mommy) to see if that would help and we all decided to wait the weekend out to see if I'd come.

Well, at 9pm Thursday evening, Mommy started having contractions, cause I was READY! By 2:30am we were at the hospital and Mommy was 4cm dilated, I was ready I tell ya. Then by 4am she was 6-7 cm dilated (need to be at 10cm to push me out!). Cheri, the midwife, was called and said she was coming in to break the water and get this done. But Mommy really wanted me to come as naturally as possible and started praying, well, next thing you know, I broke out and the water came all by itself.

This made things really start rolling, and I'll spare you the rest of the details. I'm just so proud of Mommy for keeping medication away from me - she thought FOR SURE she'd be an epidural taker, but she went for it the whole way and:

AT 7:52am on FRIDAY 1/5/07 I MADE MY GRAND ENTRANCE! Wow, what a world. I'm as healthy as can be and will tell you all more as Mommy and Daddy get used to me being around here. Grandma will be here all week to help, which is awesome. I'm really digging the breastfeeding thing, and would like to go do that right now, so - good-bye for now and

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PRAYERS! You made for a great, natural entry for me into this world and Mommy and Daddy just know it wouldn't have been possible without all that praying going on :-)

Will check in when things calm down around here (that means when they get used to having me around, I'll try not to shake it up to much - YEAH RIGHT!)

Love,
Xia

6 comments:

  1. Welcome Xia!
    You're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world Xia!
    Congrats mom and dad on a beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful! Congratulations Stephanie and Bill!!! What a beautiful daughter and a beautiful birth story!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xia,

    Welcome to the world! I knew your Mom could do it. I was able to hear a bit of the news from your Aunt Val. She told me she got to see you being born. What an amazing journey you have had. Now your mom and dad have the next amazing journey. We want to come see you but will wait a bit until things have settled down at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Xia! You are a beautiful gift from God. I am so proud of your parents. I'm sure you are too. I can't wait to see you face to face.
    with Love and continued prayers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. So glad to hear of Xia's safe arrival. You did it Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete