Sunday, December 24, 2006

Not Here Yet

Well, I'm still not out yet. It is kind of cozy in here, but I have to admit - I don't have a lot of room left. Mommy had her appointment with the midwife on Friday 12/22/06 and it went very well. I even felt a poke from Cheri, our midwife. Seems I'm really down far and she's surprised Mommy is moving around as well as she is. But, Mommy's cervix has effaced (I hear that means thinned) about 1/2 inch but no dilation yet, so we wait. Cheri thinks I may be running out of something called amniotic fluid which I used to love swimming around in when I was little. So, on Tuesday 12/26/06 - my due date, if I haven't already been born, Mommy will get an ultrasound and they're going to do some kind of stress test to see how I'm doing in here and how much fluid is around me. If it's not enough, they're going to give me a jump start on Tuesday and induce labor. If things look okay, then we just wait...

By the way, if you're wondering how to say my unique name and what it means, here's some information for you.

Xia is pronounced "Zee-ah" - at least that's the way Mommy and Daddy say it. It's actually a Chinese name and means "glow of the sunrise". Another pronounciation is "Shah", but I like "Zee-ah" better, it's more fun. Hey, it's also a dynasty in China's history, though some debate that fact. Yeriel is pronounced like the name Ariel (you know, the Little Mermaid - some old Disney movie way before my time) but you put a "Y" sound before it. It's a Hebrew name that means "founded by God". So this is cool, I am the glow of the sunrise founded by God - wow, I'm pretty amazing!

Now, why this unique name you ask? Well, think about it - what are my initials.... Did you figure it out? That's right: X. Y. Z. Not everyone has cool initials like that, do they!?

Well, gotta go. Mommy and Daddy are going over to Grammy's house (that's Daddy's mom) and the whole Zimmerman clan will be there to exchange Christmas gifts. Too bad, guess I'll miss this Christmas Eve, but you better believe I'll be tearin' open those gifts next year.

3 comments:

  1. Xia,

    Looking forward to "seeing" you and your wonderful parents. Your first picture wasn't very clear. Be patient with your parents they have waited a long time to see you. I love you and your parents. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

    With much love and peace,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill, Stephanie and Xia- Micki was nice enough to share these pixs and comments with me as I met Stephanie in Lancaster last year. I am thrilled for all of you- what an awesome experience you are having. I look forward to seeing more of you, Xia, especially after you are born and I can get a better look at you. My prayers are with you all. Love, Sheila M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila,

    Thanks for stopping by and we really appreciate all the prayers.

    God Bless,
    Xia and Stephanie

    ReplyDelete