Friday, December 29, 2006

A Little History While We Wait

Since I've decided to stay in my current location for a little while, I thought I'd introduce you to the great family I'm going to be born into. Today I'll start with how my Mommy and Daddy met.

Mommy was a backup singer in a rhythm and blues band called ProFunk Movement (PFM). Here she is with Valerie, her great friend and the other backup singer:



And here's a shot of her singing her signature song at the time "Natural Woman":



The band needed to make a demo tape to send out to local clubs to try and get some gigs. They knew of this guy who played bass in a band called Deadlove and who did some recording in a studio his band had built above a garage. So in October of 1995 they made a demo tape mastered by this guy - Bill Zimmerman.

As soon as Mommy met Daddy, that was that. It wasn't until March of 1996 that Daddy asked her for a date. They have Valerie to thank for playing matchmaker as she let Daddy in on the secret that Mommy liked him :-)

Here's a shot of them in May of 1996 after 2 months of dating:



They were married on October 30, 1999. Well, that's enough for now. I'll leave you with a current shot of them from right before Christmas this year. Hey, I'm in the picture too!

No comments:

Post a Comment