Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

What a fun 4th of July we had! I started the day out with a big breakfast and Daddy couldn't resist taking some pics of me. He thinks it's cute how I look over my cup at you while drinking:

I've also come to love bananas of late. I like wearing their stickers too:

In the early afternoon we headed to Aunt Kathy's house. She lives near this great park that has a big 4th of July celebration every year with games and cake walks and band music.

Here I am displaying my beautiful flower hat that a balloon street artist made for me. Not sure I really found this to be a comfortable hat as much as I DO love hats...:

Then Daddy helped me to play a tic-tac-toe game where you have to throw 3 balls and get them in a row. Sadly, I did not succeed, but I sure had fun trying:

I can get around pretty fast these days and I enjoyed running around the park. I almost ran right into a cake walk that was going on, but luckily Mommy scooped me up before knocking into anyone. She's getting in great shape by chasing after me. See Mommy, there are benefits to running after a toddler like me!

Then I got a nice heart painted on my face. This was Daddy's choice. It reminded Mommy of Godspell:

Here are my cousins-once-removed (meaning my Dad's cousin's kids), Brigid and Claire. Brigid will start kindergarten in the fall:

Here are their grandparents (my Great Aunt and Uncle), Pat and John:

And here are Hans and Aunt Kathy. Hans makes a mean hamburger on the grill:

Brigid and Claire and going to have a new sibling at the end of August. Here's their Mommy, Amy showing off her great baby belly:

By this time I was pooped and fell asleep on Daddy's shoulder. A peaceful end to an active day!

No comments:

Post a Comment