Thursday, May 10, 2007

Busy Saturday for the Zimmerman Family

Last Saturday was a really packed day for us Zimmermans. First, we went shopping at Central Market downtown. I tell you, Mommy loves carying me around in the wrap. You should see all the people who just come right up to me and make funny faces at me. I figure, what the heck, they look hilarious, so I usually give them a smile or drool for them. Here we are in front of the coffee stand where Daddy gets his Chai Latte:


After that, Mommy got her haircut at Salon Bella. She's been following Michelle Shenk (the owner) around for 16 years to get her hair cut. First she was at Professional Touch, then Outline Studio, then her own salon in Manheim, then Blades and finally opened her salon in Etown, then opened a second salon in Lancaster. Sadly, she will strictly manage after this year, and then Mommy will have to let someone else cut her hair - YIKES! Anyway, as you'll see in the next photos, Mommy got about 6 inches chopped off. I must say I miss tangling my hands into her long locks, I heard something about that being the reason the hair had to go. Daddy misses it too, but everyone likes the new do.

So, after a stop home for lunch, we all piled in the car and went to Shenk's Ferry Wildflower Preseve. It was beautiful and we all had a nice time. Saw lots of blue bells and other pretty white and purple and yellow flowers. Sorry, we don't know technical names. Here are some shots of the day.

Mommy and I in front of the entrance to the path:


Here we are a little further down the path, so pretty...


Daddy was getting hot and had a seat at the end of the path. All of this nice cool air was blowing out of the cracks of these rocks. This was right on top of a little tunnel over water. Talk about natural air conditioning!


After all of that, we all came home and collapsed. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment