Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Big 2nd Birthday Bash

On Saturday 1/10/09 we had my big birthday party. There were about 30 people there and we had TONS of fun.

My Godmother, Sadie, owns a bake shop in town called A Loaf of Bread. She made this wonderful cake with the help of my Godsister, Alison, made of all organic ingredients and whole wheat flour. Half of it was vanilla and the other half chocolate. They used marzipan for the detail on the cream cheese frosting. They even used organic dyes for it!

Most of us kids played down in my playroom while the parents talked and talked upstairs. I don't understand how big people enjoy just sitting around talking... (like my Godmother, Sadie and Godfather, Phil with Jim (of thosecrazyvolpes))...

when there are tea parties to be had!

Here are Daddy and Phil swimming in a sea of crepe paper - I'm amazed they can keep their heads above "water":

Next, Alison and Maryam remind me of Boxing Nuns as they duke it out with the party favors. And when did they remove the kazoo-like sound from these anyway. All they do is blow with no noise - bummer!



Before I knew it, it was time to blow out the candles on my cake:

I needed a little Mommy assistance:

Mmmm, yummy cake and ice cream!

Sadly, my playground friends who live in the neighborhood, Ty and Ally, had to leave with their Mommy and Daddy (Jane and Dan), but I was sure glad they made it:

Now that we kids were nice and sugared up (be it organic or not!) it was back to some serious play. Believe it or not, Maryam is hiding in my laundry bags turned toy holders:

Peek-a-boo Maryam:

Then we moved on to the opening of the gifts - I got some really nice stuff - thanks everyone!

Mark - are you missing some teeth? Lookin' good:

Heather actually MADE this beautiful blue cape for me and I LOVE IT:

I think it looks pretty good on her too, don'tcha think?

Okay, Mommy and Daddy got me a parachute, and I have convinced Mommy to open it and we're going to play with the balloons on it down in the playroom - let's go, gather the balloons:

Clear all of the toys in the playroom against the wall everyone - EASY DOES IT! WOW, look at this thing:

Hey Mark, can you BELIEVE my Mommy is letting us do this, isn't this AWESOME:

Tossing the balloons, what a BLAST:

DUDE, I am having SO MUCH FUN!

Okay, everybody underneath!

Hey, what's the matter, can't you guys lift me up?

It was really getting out of hand and we were loving it! Just check out my happy dance:



To close out the party, what is more entertaining then multiple children playing the piano at the SAME time:

What a masterpiece, don't you agree?



And as the last guests were leaving, I modeled the lovely dress-up pumps they got for me (to go with my blue cape, of course!). Think I'm going to need some practice with these. First I bumped my head, then a slip and slide, but I'll get the hang of it.



I hope you have enjoyed a peak at my BIG 2nd Birthday Bash. Don't you feel like you were there? It truly was a great time for all and my family and I thank all of you who made it. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends :-)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Xia! You are getting to be such a big girl and prettier by the minute.

    ReplyDelete