Monday, July 23, 2007

What a Great Weekend!

We had the most beautiful weather this weekend. Sunny, high 70s, no humidity - just perfect. It was a family-style weekend as we didn't have a bunch of running around and events to go to. Very relaxing indeed.

Saturday we went grocery shopping - a weekly weekend activity that we all enjoy. I especially like to charm all the other shoppers with my winning smile. What used to be a quick stop for my parents before, now takes a lot longer due to all the conversation I seem to generate. They don't seem to mind telling people over and over how old I am, agreeing that yes I am a beautiful baby and then going on and on about my amazing abilities. Mommy and I took a little nap in the afternoon. Afterwards, Mommy put some water in a container and threw in a bunch of toys and we splashed each other on a big blanket in the back yard. We were both pretty wet by the end of it! Then Daddy went to play his bass with some friends at an event, so Mommy and I took a nice long walk to the park and I got to swing - I'm really enjoying that swing.

Sunday we went to early mass at church (I woke up at 4:30am, so we were all up anyway). I'm starting to join in with the congregation when they sing, and sometimes I just babble loudly during the quiet times too. I don't know why people around us chuckle about that... Then we stopped at the Dollar store and CVS on the way home. We bought some bubble stuff and a blow up swimming pool that I had a lot of fun with IN THE HOUSE as Mommy was blowing it up.

Here's a movie clip showing how much fun I have with bubbles:


Here I am trying to get IN the pool as Mommy is trying to blow it up:


And then I just give up and suck on my lower lip in anticipation:


It was too cool outside to actually get in, so we're saving it for the next humid day.

Mommy and I took a POWER NAP in the afternoon, almost 3 hours. I guess I've been tiring Mommy out, these are the first big naps she's had since she returned to work the end of March. Plus, my waking up at 4:30am had something to do with it too. Hope she's more rested now.

Then, Daddy fired up the grill and Mommy and I were playing on the screened-in porch - she tried reading the Sunday paper at the same time, but I kept trying to grab it. We all ate together for the first time at the picnic table on the porch. Mommy put a blob of sweet potato puree on my high chair tray, a bib on me, and let me have at it. I actually didn't eat much of it except when sucking my hands that were covered with it - as was the tray - and the rest of me - and the chair. But hey, at least we all were together at the table! All in all a very nice weekend for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment