Monday, July 2, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

My Daddy LOVES fireworks! I mean he REALLY LOVES fireworks! Each year, he gathers friends and family together at hid Dad's house (where he grew up) in Intercourse PA (yeah I know, funny name for a town). This year, his friend, Mike, also brought some of his stash. Together, they put on a show that lasted 2 1/2 hours! I even slept through some of it - but it was a great show.

Here I am waiting for nightfall and the festivities to begin. I fit into a pair of sneakers a friend gave Mommy - this picture shows them to you:


And a close up shot of my dress just for the occasion (garage sale find!):


Here is Mike and his wife Amanda's cute daughter Kylie. Boy, can't wait until I can stand up and walk around like she does. She's 15mos old and giving me instruction on the finer points of the newfound skills:


A close up of Kylie:


Although my country is in a lot of turmoil right now with war, terrorism, etc., I'm still pretty lucky to live in a FREE country. Let's all celebrate the birth of that freedom :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment