Saturday, March 17, 2007

First Big Trip to Western PA

Well, I survived my first big car ride across the state of Pennsylvania. My Mommy's family (and where she grew up) is Indiana PA which is just northeast of Pittsburgh. So Mommy packed the little Hyundai, it was filled to the max, and off we went on Friday 3/9. I slept the first 2 hours, and we stopped at Sideling Hill plaza on the turnpike, which is the halfway point. Mommy found a back booth at Burger King to feed me, then I made her day by having a blow out diaper right there. Luckily she carries an extra outfit for me in her diaper bag - all mommies do! Then I slept the other 2 hours to Indiana PA. I saw SO MANY new people, boy does Mommy have a big family!

On Sunday 3/11 we drove to Irwin PA to see all the Peterson cousins, my great Aunt Joanne's family, and all of their kids. It was Alyson's birthday! I had a fan club waiting for me to wake up as you can see here:


Mommy's cousing Kathleen's daugher Emily (is that my 2nd cousin or cousing once removed?) was so happy to hold me - with Mommy's help:

Then we left that party and visited with great aunt Bobby and great uncle Bob, my mommy's cousin Jenny. I fell asleep on Jenny:


Then on Monday 3/12 we were off to Pittsburgh to FINALLY meet MY cousins - Kira and Marlon. That's my Aunt Paula's kids (Paula is my Mommy's sister - remember?) Here is Kira and me, how cool to have such an OLDER cousin - she's NINE!


And here is Marlon and me - he's big too - FIVE:


And here's the whole clan - Sonny (Paula's boyfriend), Paula, Kira and Marlon:


Mommy and I came home on Wed 3/14 and luckily I didn't give her any blow out diapers on the way home. I slept all but one hour of it, and I played with one of my favorite toys for that hour. Boy, was Mommy relieved to have survived this first big trip!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! How wonderful to have an extended family with so many kids to visit. They all look happy to meet their new cousin.

    I hope Kelly and I can come by to see you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete