Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Xia Smiles

So I had my well baby check up on Monday. I'm now 9lbs 6oz! Now they tell Mommy I'm gaining too fast - she's getting frustrated with these doctors. She was told to demand feed me, so I'm used to eating when I want. Now, they're making her feed me up to 4oz. every 3 to 4 hours, and really, I'm not that happy about it AT ALL - and I let her know all about my disagreement. Hopefully, my system will adjust. It was messing up my plumbing so to speak to eat formula as often as breast milk. But Mommy is still giving me both :-) Other than that, I'm doing great, healthy as can be, so this is good news.

I'd like to share with you some of the terrific smiling I'm doing these days, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Xia you look great. Don't listen to those doctors they don't know nothing. That's what my dad says anyway. I don't know why my mom always laughs when he says that. I gained almost a pound a couple weeks in a row. It slows down after awhile.
    Love Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Holly. Leah was 6 lbs. 14 oz when she was born, and at her one month appointment (which was actually almost 10 days BEFORE she was a month old) she weighed 9 lbs. 12 oz! Her weight gain leveled off after that. Don't let them stress you out! You do what comes naturally Xia!
    Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Holly and Lynn, I'm feeling better about it all now as many people have told me to chill out over it. Boy, am I growing fast now though, growing out of all my newborn stuff - Mommy swears it happens overnight sometimes.

    Love,
    Xia

    ReplyDelete